Correct posture is important for safe and relaxed driving. The modern seats in our Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles can be configured in a number of different ways to ensure that you always find the most comfortable and least stressful seat position. Discover here, and of course also in your vehicle’s Operating Manual, how to sit well and safely.
- Adjust the steering wheel so that your arms are slightly bent.
- You should be able to reach the top of the steering wheel with both hands
- Ensure that the clearance between your ribcage and the steering wheel is at least 25 cm
- Adjust the longitudinal position of the driver’s seat so that you can depress all pedals with slightly bent legs
- Ensure that the clearance between your knee and the dash panel is at least 10 cm
- Your thighs are positioned on the front edge of the seat, with half a hand’s width to the hollow of your knee
- Position the backrest so that it is vertical with your back fully leaning against the back of the seat
- Adjust the lumbar support so that you can feel a supporting effect without excessive pressure
- Adjust the head restraint so that its upper edge preferably forms a line with the upper part of your head
- Do not push the upper edge of the head restraint lower than eye level
- Always position the back of your head as closely as possible to the head restraint.
- Adjust the rear view mirror so that it points to the middle of the rear window
- Adjust the exterior mirrors so that they each point to the rear of your vehicle – each angled to the opposite side
The height of the head restraints on the front seats can be adjusted.
1. Adjusting the armrest.
Please turn the thumb wheel below the armrest.
2. Adjusting the backrest.
Please turn the handwheel.
3. Adjusting the lumbar support.
Please turn the handwheel.
4. Moving the front seat backwards or forwards.
Pull the lever and move the front seat. The front seat should engage when the lever is released.
5. Adjusting the seat height.
Move the lever several times up or down, as required. The height of swivelling front seats cannot be adjusted.
Each of the three memory buttons can be assigned to individual settings for the driver’s seat.
The current position of the driver’s seat is re-saved each time the vehicle is locked and is assigned to the remote control key used. When the driver’s door is opened, the driver’s seat automatically assumes the position that has been saved for this remote control key. If two people are using the same vehicle, we therefore recommended that each person always uses “their” remote control key.
The memory function of the remote control key uses its own memory and does not affect settings assigned to a memory button.